Julius K9 Harness
Julius K9 IDC Power Harness supersedes the original power harness thanks to the new downward tilt of the front chest strap removing pressure from the dogs oesophagus and on to the shoulders.
Suitable for puppies and dogs, these harnesses are designed to be worn by active dog and support skeletal development of puppies.
Straps are durable, skin friendly and include reflective elements for safety.
The leash connection ring is positioned more closely to the dogs centre of gravity providing greater control over your pet.
Other features include shatterproof buckle, velcro name tag panels, close restraint handle, torch holder and side bag attachments.
Julius K9 IDC Harness Size Guide
Getting the correct size for your pets harness is very important for comfort and security.
There are 2 ways to do this:
Your Dog's Chest Circumference
- Place four fingers behind the dog’s front legs for harnesses sized 0 to 4, and two fingers for harnesses sized Baby 1 and Baby 2.
- The finger furthest away from the front legs is where you will be measuring the chest circumference.
- Use a fabric or taylor's tape measure to wrap around the dog’s chest snug.
Your Dog's Weight
Not quite as accurate as measuring if your dog is close to another size based on their weight but seldom have issues. If unsure, always measure.
When choosing sizes, you will want your fully grown dog to have as snug fit as possible and consider and changes in weight and/or grooming.
For puppies, it is best to consider a secure fit first and foremost when it comes to harness size selection, with growth in mind thereafter. It is more important to have a well fitted harness.
We always recommend a harness for your pup to avoid any undue pressures on their neck during training which in turn will help with correct skeletal development.
Julius K9 IDC Size Chart
|Harness size||Chest circumference||Weight of the dog|
|Baby1||29 - 36 cm / 11.5 - 14 in||0.8 - 3 kg / 2 - 6.5 lbs|
|Baby2||33 - 45 cm / 13 - 17.5 in||2 - 5 kg / 4.5 - 11 lbs|
|Mini-Mini||40 - 53 cm / 15.5 - 20.5 in||4 - 7 kg / 9 - 15.5 lbs|
|Mini||49 - 67 cm / 20 - 26.5 in||7 - 15 kg / 15.5 - 33 lbs|
|0||58 - 76 cm / 23 - 30 in||14 - 25 kg / 31 - 55 lbs|
|1||63 - 85 cm / 26 - 33.5 in||23 - 30 kg / 50.5 - 66 lbs|
|2||71 - 96 cm / 28 - 37.5 in||28 - 40 kg / 61.5 - 88 lbs|
|3||82 - 115 cm / 32.5 - 46.5 in||40 - 70 kg / 88 - 154 lbs|
|4||96 - 138 cm / 38 - 54.5 in||70 - 90 kg / 154 - 198 lbs|
How to Fit a Julius K9 IDC Power Harness
The harness should be snug, but not too tight. There are three checks to do that make sure the harness is fitted correctly. An incorrectly fitted harness can cause discomfort and injury.
- Tightness - Adjust the bottom chest strap by the sliding buckle making. The harness should allow you enough space to slide your fingers between the dog's back and the harness.
- Bottom Strap Location - Small dogs there should have 1 inch behind front leg and medium/large breed pets should have 2 inches. This location is influenced by the front strap tightness in the next step.
- Front Strap Location - Loop the front chest strap through the metal rectangular ring on the opposite side of the harness from the outside, fastening back on to itself. It should sit comfortably agains the front of the dog's chest. If the harness is too tight, the front strap will sit too high and put pressure on your dog’s neck. Equally, If the harness is too loose, The chest strap will drop too low and not distribute pressure to the chest region as intended.
How to Care for Your Julius K9 IDC Dog Harness
- Hand wash only
- Suitable for use in water
- Water resistant
- Rinse thoroughly after contact with sea water
Other Julius K9 Accessories
Julius K9 also produce a line of accessories to go along with their harnesses. These products include super grip leashes and durable collars.
Shop with Paws in Padstow
Accept no imitation! We are reassuringly fussy about the products we sell and only sell genuine Julius K9 products which have been developed over many years with superior quality workmanship and materials.